Indian Derivatives Market
• India VIX (volatility index based on the Nifty 50 Index Option prices) rose from 20.47% on March 25 to 21.02% on March 28.
• Nifty March futures (near future) closed up against the spot index with over 12 point premium; it however witnessed 0.46 mn decrease in open interest.
• Put Call Ratio (open interest) rose from 1.52 on March 25 to 1.58 on March 28.
• Nifty 5700 March Call strike continued to witness the highest open interest.
• Nifty 5400 March Put strike continued to witness the highest open interest.
Indian Equity Market
• Indian stock indices ended higher on Monday helped by gains in index majors and as rollovers picked up ahead of expiry of the March F&O contract.
• Automobile, capital goods and banks led gains in the indices.
• L&T ended up 2.5% amid a report that the company may selectively exit joint ventures in which it does not hold majority stakes.
• Auto stocks gained with Tata Motors, the top Nifty gainer, rising 3.4% and Maruti adding more than 1%.
• Among bank shares, SBI, HDFC Bank and Axis Bank rose more than 1% each.
• Reliance Broadcast shares ended up 2.6% on receiving inventory rights at nine Delhi metro stations.
• Shares of real estate and IT companies retreated with DLF sliding 1% and Infosys ending 0.7% lower.
• SREI Infrastructure Finance shares rose 4% from news that the RBI has classified the company as infrastructure finance company.
• Sun Pharma was the worst hit on the Nifty, down over 3%.